If you’re like me, tasty treats are a must! One thing I try to do is boost those treats with nutritionally dense ingredients, so I get the satisfaction PLUS the health benefits. Doing this helps keep me motivated and on track, because although it may feel a bit “naughty”, it’s chock full of nutrients.
If chia seeds are a new food for you, today is your lucky day! Chia seeds are packed with omega-3s, protein, dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They come in a couple different varieties, but either one will work perfectly, and you can usually find them in the bulk bins or the nut and seed isle.
So, are you ready to discover your new favorite dessert? Here’s my Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe:
· 1/3 cup chia seeds
· 1 1/2 cup nut or seed milk of choice
· 1.75 oz dark ( 85) chocolate (bar or chips), or 1 Tbs raw cacao powder
· 5-10 drops stevia extract (optional)
· ¼ tsp cinnamon and/or pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Let chia seeds soak in the nut or seed milk for about 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or simply add the cacao powder.
3. Mix everything together in a bowl, or dump into a blender for a smoother texture (NOTE: You’ll need a STRONG blender!).
To your current and future health,
Dr. Michelle & the VWS Team
Sign up for my FREE six-week email series entitled Get Answers. Be Empowered. Live Vibrantly!